Keeping up with your regular oral health habits including brushing and flossing is vital to keeping your teeth healthy and strong, but sometimes, despite our best efforts, our teeth can still be damaged.
Chips, cracks, and breaks in teeth can happen for various reasons, including health issues and accidents. If your smile is suffering from these and other cosmetic issues, our practice offers dental veneers to transform your teeth and make your smile whole and beautiful.
Beautiful Dental Veneers Louisville, KY
Dental veneers are thin layers of material crafted to be placed over any damaged, discolored, or misshapen front teeth. They can both improve the overall appearance of a smile and make teeth strong and extra resistant to damage from outside sources.
Veneers are a popular and highly successful cosmetic dental treatment designed to improve the aesthetic appearance of your teeth. Veneers and other cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening are often part of a full smile makeover procedure, which is designed to upgrade the appearance of your whole smile.
Types of Veneers
Dental veneers are created to enhance the appearance of a natural tooth. They are made from tooth-colored materials that so closely resemble your natural teeth, you won’t even notice a difference. Veneers are constructed mainly from two different materials: porcelain and composite resin.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers will typically last 10–15 years with proper care. The shine of porcelain looks just like the shine of your natural teeth, for a change that blends in with your smile. For these veneers, we will need to remove a small amount of your tooth surface so that your overall tooth structure isn’t changed with the added layer of veneers.
- Composite Resin: Composite veneers may not last as long as porcelain, with a life-span of 4–8 years. However, these are faster to place and often require less tooth preparation and tooth enamel removal than porcelain veneers.
Whichever style of tooth veneer you choose, Dr. Carroll will first examine your teeth to determine if you are a good candidate for veneers. If you are, we’ll be sure to give you the veneer option that will be best for you and your circumstances!
Benefits of Veneers
There are many benefits of dental veneers! Rarely do you find a cosmetic and restorative dental treatment that provides one simple solution to so many problems. Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with composite veneers or porcelain veneers include:
- Cosmetic Repair: Veneers repair and cover up cracks or chips, and they can fill in gaps between teeth as well.
- Natural Appearance: Once veneers are placed, they give you a naturally radiant smile that anyone and everyone will be jealous of.
- Minimally Invasive Procedure: Bonding veneers to your teeth doesn’t require any sort of invasive dental procedure. The process is actually quick and simple.
- Long-Lasting and Durable: Veneers are designed to last for a long time. They not only cover your teeth from chips and cracks, but the strong material will also protect your teeth from future damage.
- Instant Tooth Whitening: One of the many perks to dental veneers is an added bonus of choosing the shade of white teeth you want. You can choose a whiter shade than your natural teeth, then be assured that the color will stay white for as long as the veneers last. Veneers are impervious to the staining and coloration that can occur to your natural teeth, keeping them white and brilliant for years.
Learn More About What Dental Veneers Can Do For Your Smile Today
Wanting to learn more about veneers? When you call our office today, we can discuss with you how much veneers cost or what the veneer procedure is like. So contact our office today! We’re happy to help answer any questions you may have.
Schedule a consultation with Carroll Dental Care—your cosmetic dentist Louisville, KY, communities love—and we’ll see how veneers can make your smile the best it can be.