We all know someone whose teeth are so yellow they’re hard to look at. While age and diet can naturally start to yellow your teeth, there are several things you can do to keep your teeth white so you won’t have to experience something similar later in life.
Steps of Prevention
- Brush and floss regularly | Though brushing alone won’t keep your teeth from getting stained, it goes a long way to keeping those staining particles off of your teeth.
- Avoid staining foods | These foods include alcohol, tobacco, coffee, fruit juices, soy sauce, berries, and beets.
- Drink plenty of water | Keeping yourself hydrated will do a lot of the work in keeping your teeth rinsed and your mouth able to fight off stains.
- Eat healthy foods | There are lots of foods that can help prevent tooth stains. These include fruits and veggies high in fiber, dairy, nuts and seeds, onions, and pineapple.
When Prevention Doesn’t Work
Sometimes, despite your best efforts, your teeth might be drifting more toward the yellow-brown end of the spectrum than you’d like. That doesn’t mean you’re stuck with stained teeth for the rest of your life!
Carroll Dental Care has the perfect solution for all those who have brown, yellow, spotted, or otherwise stained teeth.
Teeth Whitening at Carroll Dental Care
We offer two kinds of whitening at Carroll Dental Care. You can discuss with our dentists to find the best option for you.
- In-Office Whitening: This option is done in our office under the careful and experienced supervision of our dentists. If you prefer a skilled hand or need a more complicated treatment, in-office whitening could be perfect for you.
- At-Home Kits: If you’d rather whiten your teeth on your schedule without repeated visits to our office, we can prescribe you a take-home kit. These kits provide more flexibility and include prescription-level materials that are just as effective as in-office treatments.
Keep Your Teeth White
Whether you’d like more information about keeping your smile pearly, or you’re hoping to reverse some tooth stains, Carroll Dental Care is the place to call. Contact us today for more info about teeth whitening and preventing tooth stains.