Toothaches are common, but certainly not normal. If you are experiencing tooth pain, that’s your body’s way of warning you that something is wrong. If your pain is severe enough to be interfering with your daily life or if it lasts more than a week or two, set an appointment with Carroll Dental Care.
At-Home Pain Relief
While waiting for an appointment or for the pain to dissipate on its own, there are a few things you can try yourself to minimize your dental pain:
- Avoid hot and cold foods.
- Use an ice pack on and off frequently throughout the day.
- Take over-the-counter medications like Tylenol.
- Eat food that doesn’t require much chewing.
- Try using a straw to drink liquids.
Solutions at Carroll Dental Care
At Carroll Dental Care, we offer many solutions to painful oral conditions. When you come in for your appointment, we’ll try and determine the cause of your pain. This will help us determine a treatment plan so we can solve the problem as soon as possible.
Causes of Tooth Pain
- Tooth decay.
- Impacted Tooth.
- Overcrowded Teeth.
- Cavities: We can fill your cavities with fillings that will prevent further tooth damage. Filling the tooth will relieve the pain.
- Tooth Decay: Depending on the severity, there are several treatment options including root canal therapy.
- Infection: Root canal therapy is a common solution to a tooth infection. It involves removing the infected tissue, providing almost instant relief.
- TMD: Temporomandibular joint disorder can be treated with a mixture of medication, therapy, and a custom night guard.
- Impacted Tooth: Extracting the offending tooth will relieve pain and minimize problems the impacted tooth could cause.
- Overcrowded Teeth: Invisalign® orthodontics are a great way to get your teeth evenly spaced and avoid the pain that comes from overlapping teeth.
Find Toothache Relief Now
Don’t live with a painful tooth a second longer. We want to help! Contact Carroll Dental Care for toothache relief today.